Saturday, July 4, 2015

The boy child



Oy, this boy.

This is my little guy, Asher. He's 7 and super smart, too smart of his own good most days.

I'm lucky, he's still snuggly and loves to sit with me on the couch and talk and tell me all about different things, from Disney Infinity to what he's building with legos, to genetics and 1000's of random animal factoids. I wouldn't trade those moments for the world.

Earlier tonight he is sitting with me and I turned to him and said "I love that you still snuggle with even though you're half grown" (because seriously, the kid is a giant)

His reply? "It's only 11 years until I turn 18" and then cackled at me and ran away before I could noogie him. 

My mom always told me that the days drag by but the years fly by, and she is so right. I know that tomorrow might be a long day like today was, but it shakes me to my core that I'm going to blink and he's going to be a man.

Slow down kiddo, snuggle up and tell me more about how big grizzly bears get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment