Saturday, July 4, 2015

I surrender to the power of peer pressure

I've tried to do the blogging thing a couple of times and was disenchanted pretty quickly. It's not the easiest thing in the world to come up with things to write about! But here I am, again, with a new way of life and a new way of thinking and hopefully a new way to blog that will be enjoyable long term. I have a lot to say and apparently there are people who want to hear it.

That's what I'm talking about when I say I surrender to the power of peer pressure. I have had 20+ people tell me in the last few months that I needed to start blogging and share the humor, struggles, and all-around craziness that is my household. Well here goes nothing!

I'm Sarah, mom of 3, my little "A" team. In the blogosphere, I know it's commonplace to nickname kids to keep anonymity, so I'm going to try to come up with something over the next few days. The oldest of my kids is 7, my only boy, and he loves learning about animals, watching documentaries and cooking shows, and math. My middlest is 5, my first daughter, and she's the conductor of the hot mess express. She has a chronic pain illness but it doesn't slow her down from the dancing and singing and storytelling that she brings to our life. Babiest girl is 2 and 1/2 and is our surprise baby who keeps us on our toes. She has Autism Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Processing Disorder and a severe speech delay, but is easily the most snuggly, joyful, and independent kid you'll meet. I'm happily married to my hubs of 11 years "B" who is in the military and is by far my favorite person on the planet, other than our awesome kids of course. He makes me laugh every day and that's why I picked him. We also have two dogs, Duke and Winnie, a Scottish Deerhound and a little hound mix.

I am a lover of life and laughter and learning. I am a perpetual student and am great at trivia games because I know a little bit about a lot of things. I dream of being on Jeopardy some day. I'm a stay at home mom and sometimes it makes me batty but I wouldn't trade it for the world. We homeschool our kids because I don't trust anyone else with such a great responsibility and there's nothing like watching the ones you love the most learn and grow in front of your eyes. I'm opinionated. Like really opinionated. I am super passionate when it comes to the things I care about. I love to read, but I'm super picky and varied in my tastes. I am a huge geek. I am into living life more naturally. I love making my own stuff from beauty products and soap to furniture and decor. If I could buy or make everything in Hobby Lobby and Pottery Barn I would be a happy girl. My family is my center and everything I do inevitably comes back to them. I'm an open book and I love sharing stories.

I started this blog to share our funny stories, our hard times, and the journey we are on in this world because it's a unique one and one that I feel people can enjoy and even maybe learn from.

So, that's what I am about and I hope you stick around to see what's Overheard in My House.


No comments:

Post a Comment