Saturday, January 2, 2016

Adventures in Bedtime

Bedtime. My kids aren’t bad sleepers by any stretch, but sometimes bedtime is just too much. I’ll be real, by the time 9:30 rolls around, I’m done being mom for the day. I want to sit down and mindlessly scroll Pinterest or watch grown up television. I am done.

Last night I was especially done because Sherlock was on. **Side note: If you haven’t watched the BBC version of Sherlock featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman then you are missing out big time. Stop reading and go binge watch it and come back.** It has been a long time since I had new Sherlock to watch and darn it, I wanted to watch it without interruption (yeah right…). We got Amelia to bed and put Asher and Abby Kate down.

Start Sherlock.

2 minutes later… Abby Kate and Asher come strolling through… they forgot to get a drink of water.

5 minutes later… lots of talking and giggling coming from back that way, Daddy goes to tell them it is in fact bed time or as I think in my post Inside Out head, to put the foot down.

5 minutes later… Abby Kate just can’t sleep and needs night night oils.

3 minutes after that…. Asher needs night night oils too.

About 10 minutes of uninterrupted Sherlock. I think to myself they must be asleep.

Abby Kate comes to the doorway of the living room.

“I just wanted to tell you something that me and Asher were talking about. We were talking and we think you’re a big ball of love, Daddy is a farting spider, Asher is a big Earth planet, I’m a heart, and Amelia is a giant cupcake.”


“Daddy is what?”

“A farting spider.” (like I should have known this… duh)

I don’t even know what to do with this information.

"What?"



"Because he farts a lot. And he's a spider."

...

“You’re adorable, I love you, go to bed”


After the hysterical laughter was finished, me and my favorite farting spider finished our episode in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment